Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Sky Is Falling! Facebook is Down!

Or at least Facebook was down when I started writing this blog!

So it has been a few days since I last wrote an entry. I know, this is unacceptable. However, I have been quite busy with work related items. I finally got a good draft of my dissertation proposal abstract complete. I finished a paper which my advisor and a few Italian collaborators have been working on. I sat through many meetings and did not sleep through them. And I finished some final computations which are are the direct result of the work of a particular Russian whose mugshot appears below. A Russian, in fact, who apparently once said, "Every mathematician believes he is ahead over all others. The reason why they don't say this in public is because they are intelligent people." Zing.


In other news, I am in love. That's right. Grease called me by name and told me, "Today is the day you will go to Five Guys." And I did. And it was delicious. And I am fiercely in love. For those of you who do not know, you can get an amazing gluten-free meal of burger and fries at Five Guys by requesting "no bun". At the restaurants I have been to, you can even get them to use a new spatula, gloves, etc. by mentioning a wheat allergy. And trust me - it is worth it. The burgers and especially the fries are delicious. Greasy deliciousness. However - I wouldn't eat there often. Apparently their standard double patty burger packs a whopping 800 calories. But sometimes love calls you by name, and you have to answer.

Anyways, I suppose I will throw some pictures up of other things I have been cooking lately. The first item of note - fried rice with peas, green onions, cilantro, eggs, and low-fat ham complete with gluten-free soy sauce (I use Eden Organic). I used only a touch of olive oil during cooking and a small tad of soy sauce to keep the fried rice as healthy as possible. Of course, one could always up the oil and soy sauce for maximum taste.


The second item - gluten-free mac and cheese. I used Ancient Harvest quinoa noodles, low-fat cheddar cheese, rice flour, paprika, and skim milk to make the dish. It was much healthier than your standard mac and cheese, but unfortunately a bit less creamy and wholesome. But that is what you get with skim milk. Either way, it was still a delicious dish to have at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment