Sunday, March 31, 2013

Like a Phoenix?

My, oh how time has passed.  Let's just say life got a bit crazy - but in a good way.  A lot has happened over the last few months, but that's the past and I would rather not reflect on that.  Not when something so special is happening right now.  You know exactly what I am talking about.


'Cuse basketball.  There is not a thing in the world as precious to me as the Syracuse Orange (okay, Sarah comes first, but 'Cuse is a close second).  Like a Phoenix, the Orange have returned to form right on cue and made it to their first Final Four in a decade.  And while this might not be Jim Boeheim's most talented team, they are executing the 2-3 zone to perfection and, in my humble opinion, have a chance to bring back some of the magic 'Melo and crew provided back in 2003.  After all, CJ's block on Vander Blue's 3 point attempt in yesterday's game against Marquette was eerily similar to Hakim's block on Kansas' Lee 10 years ago.  The resemblance is truly uncanny - CJ and Hakim were even wearing the same orange head band.

 CJ's Block on Vander Blue

Hakim's Block on Michael Lee

In any event, I look forward to watching Syracuse in Atlanta and seeing if they can manage to reach the holy grail.  And if they happen to beat Louisville in the process, I will be one happy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment