Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sub 2:40 in a year. The new goal.

Over the past few weeks, I have been sitting on my butt, watching my friends run various marathons and the American elites set new indoor track records.  And it made me feel extremely lazy.  So, yesterday, during an easy run, I set a new goal.  I am going to try to break 2:40 in the Austin marathon next February, 6 days before my wedding.  Bit of a reach goal?  Probably.  But I am still going to give it a shot.  So if you see me, make sure to hassle me about running.  I am going to need all the motivation I can get.

And in other news, it is now March, and that means I can now drink Coca Cola (hoorah!).  But I am going to try to resist drinking Coke (and any other soda) for as long as I can handle.  Let's see how this goes.

2 comments:

  1. reach?
    c'mon, bro....sub 2:40 is right on par with your credentials at the shorter distances. a year is a good amount of time to work out the wrinkles of staying consistent and healthy, which is all you'll need to make it there. you will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks V =). I am looking forward to this crazy year of training. I am thinking the marathon will bring new perspective, and maybe I can finally snatch a new 5k PR on the way with a change of training.

    ReplyDelete