Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bracket Busted!

With Ohio State's loss yesterday, my bracket is officially busted.  We are now into the elite eight, and I only have two teams left (Florida, Kansas).  Worse yet: my entire final four has been eliminated.  How embarrassing.  In retrospect, I really should have had some teams going further than planned (U'Conn), but hindsight is always 20/20.  I suppose this means it's time to support the underdogs.  Go Rams!


In completely unrelated news, I have taken up the daunting task of determining a selection of beverage for the wedding.  As Sarah and I have already decided to make this a "beer and wine" wedding, it's now just a matter of what beers and what wines.  Naturally, I can't sample a wide variety of beers (damn you Celiac!), but this is a perfect opportunity to explore the vast array of low-to-moderately priced yet delectable wines.  As such, I have been purchasing a $6-8 bottle or two of wine every week and grabbing a glass with dinner.  So far, I have focused my attention entirely on Italian Chiantis (mainly because they are my favorite), but I will be expanding my search to all sorts of wines which complement Texas barbecue (Pinot Noir, Merlot, Shiraz, Beaujolais, Sauvignon Blanc, Australian Reisleing, etc.).  So, if you know of any good low-to-moderately wines that complement Texas barbecue, please let me know!  The search has commenced, and I need your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment