Monday, April 4, 2011

Oh the anticipation.

In just a few minutes, we get to witness one of the most unlikely Division 1 basketball championships in history. The 3rd-seeded U'Conn Huskies will be taking on the 8th seeded Butler Bulldogs. In retrospect, this final shouldn't be completely unexpected. U'Conn won the Big East tournament, and the Big East was widely regarded as the biggest, baddest conference in the land after all. Moreover, as if we couldn't remember, Butler did almost upset Duke in last year's title game. So this begs the question: why did only slightly more than 800 people have these teams facing off in their brackets this year? Of course there are the obvious answers (U'Conn has got to be tired by now, Butler barely even made this tournament, etc.), but I still feel like we sold these two teams short.

So, who am I going to go with? Butler. I know I am a Big East homer and all, but who can Brad Steven's brilliant coaching? And who can resist his lovable mug? I know I sure can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment